Suppliers of eligible beverages into the ACT need to enter into a Supply Arrangement with the scheme coordinator, Exchange for Change ACT, and contribute towards the Scheme. The financial contribution each supplier makes will be in proportion with their share of the eligible containers sold within ACT.
If you are a Supplier into NSW and have already entered into a NSW Supply Arrangement with Exchange for Change, you will need to sign up for ACT CDS as well.
To find more information on the Scheme you can also see the Waste Management and Resource Recovery Amendment ACT 2017 and the Waste Management and Resource Recovery (Container Deposit Scheme) Amendment Regulation 2018 (No 1).
2019 ACT Supplier Annual Statutory Declaration
Please download the printable blank version of the Supplier Annual Statutory Declaration (.pdf, 153kb).
Once the Statutory Declaration is signed and witnessed, please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help to complete the form, please read detailed instructions to fill form (.pdf, 243kb).
ACT Export Process
A rebate can now be claimed by businesses that purchase CDS containers within the ACT and sell or supply those containers to someone outside the ACT, subject to certain requirements being met. The business making the claim is referred to as an exporter.
To be eligible to make a claim:
- The container must have been supplied into the ACT by someone other than the exporter and this supplier must have paid the ACT CDS contribution for the container to the Scheme Coordinator;
- The container must be delivered to someone outside the Territory, whether they are interstate or overseas;
- The exporter must be registered with the Scheme Coordinator; and
- The exporter must submit a claim for the exported containers within the prescribed time limit.
More detail can be found in the ACT Container Export Protocol.
To register as an ACT Exporter please complete the following steps:
- read the ACT Container Export Protocol and Export Supply Deed Poll;
- Register as an exporter by completing the sign- up form;
- Sign the Deed Poll and adhere to the guidance set out in the Export Protocol.
For more information about the ACT Export Process, you can call Exchange for Change on 1800 290 691 or email email@example.com.
We’ve created this toolkit for retailers involved in the scheme to help explain the CDS to customers, including where and how they can get a refund. Download the retailer toolkit below.
Material Recovery Facility
Material Recovery Facility (MRF) operator means a waste management business that—
(a) processes waste collected as part of a waste collection service; and
(b) holds a waste facility licence allowing the processing of waste (otherwise than by thermal treatment) at a waste facility.
The ACT MRF protocol states that the eligible container factor for each output material will be calculated from sample data obtained in accordance with the sampling plan approved by Waste Manager. Factors are determined quarterly and updated in this section.
MRF Sampling Plan
Get in contact
If you have any questions or need our help, please call us on 1800 813 887 between 9am and 5pm (EST), Monday to Friday or send us an email.